Monday, October 22, 2012

Organized Christmas



I know, I know.  That sounds like an oxymoron and it is WAY too early to be talking about Christmas.  Most people flush at the word “Christmas”, frowns form and tension creases their brows.  In reality, Christmas isn’t that far away and an organized one is attainable but it pays to have a plan, in fact, we’re a bit late getting started.
A few years ago, I found this amazing website that had steps to organizing yourself to have everything ready on time for Christmas.  No more last minute shopping or shipping presents knowing they won’t get to their destination on time.  I tried the program and it worked.  It was the first Christmas I had where I didn’t feel so stressed about the holidays.  Then I thought I knew what to do to maintain this level of organization and I didn’t look at it the following year, big mistake.  That Christmas was just like all the other ones where things were falling apart.  Upon reflection, it’s because I didn’t have an effective detailed plan.

Many people are organized or forward thinking enough to create their own plans either in writing or in their heads.  I am not one of those people, and from the stress I see in other faces around the holidays, I’m not alone.  Organized Christmas provides a plan and details or executing that plan that may or may not work for you but it is definitely a starting place and you can tweak it as required.
You’re well ahead of the game if you have a plan, any plan.  Especially if it’s attainable!  Organized Christmas has four different plans you can choose from.  From a really basic, get organized for Christmas holiday plan to an in-depth whole house organization plan.  Needless to say, it’s too late for the whole house thing unless you work overtime and then you’re still going to feel stressed.  The basic plan is broken down into weekly tasks starting this week (Oct 21st) with a goal of being ready for Christmas by the first weekend in December.  It is an American plan so the holidays and resources are based around American holidays and resources but again, with a few easy tweaks, it can be Canadian-ized.  Take a look at the plans and choose the one that’s best for you.
I’m going back to this plan and in hopes of getting myself back on track and having a nice relaxing December so I can enjoy my family during the holidays instead of wanting to cancel Christmas and hide in my room.

Do you have a plan for Christmas?  If so, how has it work out for you?

Take Care, D

The opinions expressed in this article are mine and are my honest opinion.  I was not compensated in any way to write this article/promotion.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs