Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Gluten Free Chocolate Cheesecake Squares Experiment


On the weekend, I couldn’t decide if I wanted chocolate cake or cheesecake.  Then I thought, why choose?  I decided to experiment a little.

I pulled out our Only Oats Decadent Chocolate Muffin Mix and my Kraft Philidelphia Cheesecake recipe book.

I mixed the muffin mix as directed on the packaging, pouring it into a 9x13 cake pan, then I mixed half the recipe for the Holiday Cheesecake Presents (sans graham crumbs), making sure to use only gluten free products.  I poured the cheesecake mixture over the chocolate mixture.  Using a spatula, I made swirling and figure-eight motions to mix them into a marble-like look.

After 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, voila, yumminess ensued.  Then I fought the kids off long enough to get this quick photo of the last square. Mmm, look at those chunks of cheesecake.

I think next time I may make the whole cheesecake recipe and maybe even use a small ice cream scoop to plop cheesecake in the middle of each square.  Regardless, I consider this experiment a complete success.

Take Care, D

0 comments:

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs