Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Home Summer School Update

The Super-Duper, Epic-ly Awesome Summer School…wasn’t so much.  I had so many wonderful ideas and plans and, as those of you who know me may have predicted, life got in the way.

After the first week, I knew we would need to revise everything as R was not having fun with it and there was always some errand or activity going on that put our summer school on the back burner.  So after two weeks of accomplishing only a quarter of what we wanted to accomplish, I knew I had to re-think this.

I spoke to R and we agreed that reading, writing, and math everyday was important.  So each day we would read at bedtime – which is our normal bedtime routine.  R would find time to write in his journal most days – even if it was only a couple sentences.  Math was accomplished either through R’s in-school class account on Dreambox or Mathletics.  Math has been hit and miss.  We often are exploring the world around us through our day-to-day activities, which is good – but I’d love to be doing more.
I must admit; it’s me holding us back.  I always have some errand, chore, or some sort of computer work.  This exercise has reminded me why it is that I don’t homeschool… I just can’t juggle it.  How do you homeschooling moms do it?  I’d love to see what your schedules look like.  Any advice?

Take Care, D

0 comments:

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs