Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mommy Camp Part 2

This past week has been nuts… wait, what week isn’t nuts?  Anyway, I didn’t get my whole summer camp planned in a week.  Surprised?  Not me.  I do have a pretty good start though with the schedule made up but the hardest part seems to be narrowing down the themes.  There’s so much fun stuff out there and thanks to all of you who messaged me to give me your ideas, they were fantastic!
Here’s a peek at my rough daily schedule – this is quite likely to change as I tweak it and make it more specific each week.  I’ll get you all an update when I have it available. (times are very flexible)


0900 - Breakfast

0930 - Morning Meeting (weather, calendar, word of the week, today’s schedule)

0945 - Exercise (bike ride, walk, kids yoga, Just Dance, etc.)

1015 - Bookwork (Problem of the Day, Math Mad Minute, math centre, journal prompt and Literacy Centre)

1100 - Snack

1115 - Chores

1145 - French

1200 - Free Play

1230 - Lunch

1300 - DEAR (Drop Everything And Read)

1330 - Swimming Lessons

1430 - Snack

1445 - Themed Activities

1630 – Free Play (so I can make supper)

There is so much we could do but I’m trying to keep it light, it is R’s summer break.  Any feedback on scheduling would be appreciated.  As I’ve said before, I’m not a teacher nor am I a homeschooler so this between-schooling thing is quite the learning curve.

Take Care, D

0 comments:

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs