Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Need a Summer Plan!

The weather is finally starting to cooperate and I’m hoping the white fluffy stuff (don’t say the “s” word!) won’t be back for a few months.  I have probably just jinxed us all by putting away the winter gear but my focus is now on getting ready for summer.
Caterpillar Craft
Our RV is now out of storage so the cleaning and stocking has begun.  We are hoping for good weather this weekend for the first camping trip of the year.  The kids are now on their bikes and walking in the trails around the neighborhood and the sun stays bright until about 9:30pm which is much better than the 4pm of a few months ago.  C is studying fervently for her final exams next month and R’s class is experiencing more fun days and field trips.  The end of the school year is near.  Wait…no school?  Crap, what the heck am I going to do with these two all summer so they don’t drive me crazy?
Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach
Actually, this isn’t such a big deal.  I really enjoy spending the time with the kids and although neither one can entertain themselves for long periods… I have a plan.

Old School Hangman
Unfortunately C will be spending a month with her mother.  I mean, it’s really just unfortunate for us who will be missing C so much, but we know C will enjoy that time.  When C returns we will be heading out on our family vacation for a couple weeks then it’ll be time to prepare for school again, so I really only have to plan one month’s worth of activities for one child going to grade two.  Easy, right?


Pirate Day and Map Skills
I have planned "mommy school" in years before with some success and there are some great resources from homeschoolers and teachers on the websites and blogs that I lurk.  Have I also mentioned how much I LOVE Pinterest?  Fantastic resource.Now I’m not a teacher, nor a homeschooler but I LOVE a great plan.  If any of you have any advice, tips, ideas, resources, or plans – please comment or message me.  Hopefully I’ll have a plan to share with all of you next week.  Wish me luck!

Take Care, D



0 comments:

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs