Sunday, January 22, 2012

Should I Go Back to Work?

Now that both children are in school full time, I have been struggling with the option to go back to work.  I really don’t know what to do.  I know I HATE cleaning and it has become 90% of my job around here – and is never appreciated or usually even noticed…just expected.  I know I love being at home to be able to run errands and appointments during the day, handle the tasks set forth by the Scouting Group we volunteer with, being sure my home is well cared for, and maybe even accomplish a project or two.

I am very fortunate in my situation.  I don’t HAVE to work.  My husband brings home enough that I can comfortably stay home and, although we can’t live like royalty, we have all that we need.  I am also fortunate in that over the last few months, I have been approached by many different organizations who would like me to come back to work with them.  They are willing, for the most part, to let me pick and choose my hours and amount I would like to work.  If I do go back to work, I could hire a housekeeper to come in once or twice a week to handle the major cleaning leaving me with only the day-to-day stuff (although I find it difficult to pay someone $40/hour to scrub my toilets – not to mention the guilt over not being able to do it all).

What to do, what to do.

I have discussed this with Hubby and kids.  C was all for it, so long as nothing changed on her end – other than different chores and R was on board so long as I was there to walk him to and from school.  Hubby was harder to read.  He seems happy for me no matter what I decide.  I don’t know if he’s just being supportive or if he’s wanted me to go back all along and was being supportive then.  Whatever he feels, he’s not sharing and he wants me to do what I think is best.  It’s great that he’s that wonderful but I really need an opinion right now.  I know he doesn’t want to give it because he knows I’ll do what he thinks and he wants me to make this decision for me.

Anyone else struggling with this?  What made you decide?  How did you know your decision was right for you?

Take Care, D

Check out these blog hops by clicking on the button then following the rules to find some great blogs.  Don’t forget to leave comments wherever you hop so participants can hop by your site.  Thanks for hopping by!


The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom
Mommy of Two Little Monkeys

4 comments:

momto8
January 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM

how about part time?!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Tricia at Mom is the Only Girl
January 23, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Sounds like you are in control on this one...with them approaching you I mean! That's good, right? Just hopping by!

Heather N
January 23, 2012 at 6:37 AM

It's a hard one. I'm at home now too, and will be until little one starts school at least. I am lucky enough to think that the extra money I am able to make from home will be enough... plus it's from something I love doing.

I vote no, but only you can decide what's best for your family :)

New follower from the ffhop :)

krystimarie
January 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM

hello. I am a new follower from the blog hop.
Can you please follow me back?

http://countryliving-productreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/cute-baby-for-less-make-it-yourself.html

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs