Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lest We Forget


November 11th, 1918 at 11 am marks the end of the first world war, hence the commencement of Remembrance Day in most commonwealth countries.  We commemorate our fallen soldiers since the first world war on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month each year.
Pre-children, I attended Remembrance Day ceremonies where I am reminded of what a wonderful country I live in and how grateful I am to the men and women who gave their lives to make this country the incredible place it is and afford me the freedoms that I have.  Now that I have children who have difficulty staying still and quiet for long periods of time, we always watch the ceremonies on television and without fail, I observe the two minutes of silence.
Though Remembrance Day is to commemorate fallen soldiers, I must give past and current soldiers their due.  Although they may not have paid the ultimate price, they have paid a price and many continue to pay for that trauma long after they leave the fighting behind.  Although my thanks is not enough, it is all I have. 
Thank you and God Bless.
Take Care, D

1 comments:

Teddy's Mom
November 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Hi Just Mom, I was busy last week so did not reply promptly, coming from Canadian Blog Hop.

Great blog you have!

Teddy Out-Ready
http://teddyoutready.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs