Thursday, November 17, 2011

Glad We Were At Home

Something happened the other night at dinner that made me so grateful we were at home instead of out somewhere for dinner.  R excused himself from the table to go to the washroom.  Usually, this is a non-event.  This time, after a few moments, we heard giggling and cheering coming from the washroom.  Things like, “Oh yeah!” And, “Woohoo!” Even a, “That was awesome!”  This was the beginning of my gratitude of being home and the rest of us are looking at each other at the table and shaking our heads. 

R emerges from the washroom and re-joins us at the table.  I hold my breath because I know something is going to be said.  “Hey Mommy! Guess what!” he manages through his giggles.  I release my breath and respond, “What?”  He laughs a true belly laugh and when he laughs like this, no matter what has happened or why he’s laughing, I just can’t help but join him.  This encourages him and he laughs harder still unable to tell me.  Finally it subsides enough that he blurts out, “When I was on the potty, I farted so hard that I fired out a poop!” And everyone at the table erupts in laughter.

I know I should be disgusted by this and admonish him for saying this at the table, but I can’t, I’m laughing too hard.  R and I feed off each other when we laugh and we laughed for a good five minutes straight.  After the laughter ceased I did tell him that it’s ok to celebrate these things and discuss these things when it’s just us at the table at home but NEVER when we’re in public or other people are over.  Then I commended him on his forceful flatulence and started up another round of giggles.

Take Care, D


Blog Hops:  Check out these blog hops by clicking on the button then following the rules to find some great blogs.  Don’t forget to leave comments wherever you hop so participants can hop by your site.  Thanks for hopping by!
Obviously MARvelous

3 comments:

Kyla
November 17, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Fantastic. Now, that is a family moment worth remembering!

Genevieve Primeau
November 17, 2011 at 2:10 PM

HOly crap ( no pun intended) that was freaken hilarious.. I just about spewed my coffee all over my computer screen!!!
Kids rock

Juliana RW
November 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Hallo. I am your new follower from Thirsty Thursday(with name: picturinglife). Please return follow my GFC at http://julianabitspieces.blogspot.com

This is my FB page http://www.facebook.com/julianabitspieces if you are new fans there. Leave a comment there and I'll follow you back.

Thanks.

Juliana RW

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs