Monday, October 17, 2011

Overwhelmed with Fundraisers

It’s that time of year again.  When all the extra-curricular and school activities are looking for funding for their new year of expenses.  Although I understand the necessity of fundraising and appreciate that things are not priced any higher than they are to cover costs – I still am having trouble getting the funds together for fundraising.  It seems the last couple weeks, all we’ve been doing is bugging our close friends, family and neighbors to buy or fund something.

We just completed the Terry Fox Run pledges and now we are starting Unicef.  As an accompaniment the school and Parent Council has completed one fundraiser last week, and this week we begin the next.  Then there’s the other groups we’re with who are fundraising as well.  Of course, for safety sake, we are not recommended to go door-to-door and only approach friends and family.  Most of our friends have their children in the same school and in similar extra-curricular activities so they aren’t buying from us and our family doesn’t live nearby.  I feel bad because I see the value in fundraising – but I’m tapped out.
Any ideas?  Suggesstions?  Do you experience this?

Take Care,
D

Blog Hops:  Check out these blog hops by clicking on the button then following the rules to find some great blogs.  Don’t forget to leave comments wherever you hop so participants can hop by your site.  Thanks for hopping by!


Busy Mom's Tips Tuesday Blog Hop

2 comments:

momstertales
October 18, 2011 at 5:31 AM

I know exactly where you are coming from. Every day there's a new fundraising letter coming home from the schools (I have kids in two different schools). Plus fundraising for all the other activities.

The way I look at it, you can only do what you can. Don't feel bad that you can't give more, feel good that you gave what you could.

D - JustMomsBlog
October 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Thanks that does make me feel a little better. I suppose I should consider joining the Parent Council and then at least I would see how many of these there are going to be so I can pace myself better.

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs