Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Quiet House

I did it!  I survived the first day of all children being in school full time.  Yesterday was the first day of school.  C learned to take the city buses to school and R started grade one.  I had a ton of errands yesterday to keep me busy so I wouldn’t focus on the fact that I have no more babies at home.  I still fought off tears twice.  Once when I dropped R off at school and once when lunchtime came around and I had no one to pick up from school.  Both kids were super excited when they got home from school and couldn’t wait to tell me all about their days.  It warmed my heart and I radiated pride.
Today was a different story.  I tried to settle into my new routine but when the afternoon came, I missed that time that R and I had together doing “Special Learning” which was often a simple educational game or activity.  I became rather sluggish and found it difficult to keep my focus on tasks at hand.  The house was so quiet.  I put on my audio book and tried to get into my chores but I kept pausing the book and checking each noise to make sure I wasn’t missing a phone call that my children needed me…they didn’t.  After checking the phone 2…million times, it was finally time to pick R up.  Thank goodness.  Here’s to getting better at this tomorrow!
Take Care,
D

2 comments:

Tricia
September 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Hugs it certainly is difficult. i have 2 in school and one working. I still have 1 at home til next year. Lord knows what I'll do with my self once he's in school. I'll have to get a part time job to keep busy. KEEP BUSY Mama and the day will fly by

D - JustMomsBlog
September 4, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Thanks Tricia. Keeping busy is definately not hard to do around here.

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs