Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing Hangman

Games where kids can learn are always the best in my books.  Today, I decided to get old-school.  I pulled out the white board and taught R to play hangman.  I drew the hangman with the parts pulled apart so that he would see how many pieces we had to put it together.  I also listed the entire alphabet at the top.  Then we limited our word selection to colors.  I went first to show R how it’s played.
I selected a color, then placed the number of spaces for each letter at the bottom.  R selected letters and I either wrote in the letter for a right answer or a part for a wrong answer.  When he got one right, I would suggest that he think of colors with that letter sound in it.  He did a great job never getting more than 4 wrong letters.  For his turn, he used some of our color flashcards so that he could be certain how many spaces and where the letters go.
We had a great time and I think he became a little more familiar with his color sight words.
Take Care,
D

1 comments:

mamawee
August 15, 2011 at 7:21 a.m.

I used to love this game! New follower from the we are canadian hop!

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs