Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Missing My Girl

I usually write what I’ve been working on or feeling at a particular time.  Well, this I’ve been feeling for a while and will now share it with you.  C’s been gone since the beginning of July.  She is out of town spending some time with her mother’s side of the family.  Although she’s my step-daughter, she’s been a part of my life for ten years and I think of her as my own.  Her mother is still a part of her life and I know I couldn’t (wouldn’t dream of) replacing her mother but circumstances have C living with us full time and seeing her mother 2 or 3 times per year.  With that amount of time and how wonderful of a kid C is, I love her as though she was my own and treat her as such.
Each year C goes to spend an extended visit with her mother and her mother’s family during the month of July.  This year, she’s gone for the entire month of July and I miss her.  We have been texting with each other while she’s been gone and she seems to be having a great time.  For this I am grateful and remind myself that she needs this but I still miss her and am counting down the days until I see her again.
Take Care,
D

1 comments:

Good Girl Gone Green
July 12, 2011 at 10:25 PM

That is so sweet.my parents are divorced and both remarried and each step-parent has always treated me as their own. Hapynwe r Canadian blog hopping! Have a good one!

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs