Sunday, July 10, 2011

Camping in the Rain

I must admit, I am a fair weather camper.  I really dislike camping in the rain.  This weekend, it poured.  Despite the weather, we actually had a good time. 
We did a little ATV riding during the sunny breaks the first day to collect some fallen wood for our portable campfire, played in the mud, and watched an amazing thunderstorm that evening.  The second day it poured, all day.  We slept in then went out to cook brunch and play in the rain a little more.  Some friends came out to visit for a while so the kids played together while we, adults, sat under the awning and enjoyed some great campfire coffee. 
After our guests left, R and I went into the RV to play cards and a few board games.   He definately had some sillies and wouldn't show his face for a photo. 
Hubby was enjoying some quiet time outside tending the fire.  When the fire was ready, Hubby cooked supper over the fire while R & I prepared the sides in the RV.  The generator was started and we enjoyed a movie over supper. 
Afterwards I cleaned up while Hubby packed up the outdoor stuff since we knew we would leave after we woke the next day.  I then spent some quiet time reading while Hubby and R played cars.  Next thing we knew it was bedtime.  In the morning, we slept in again then readied the RV for travel.  What a great relaxing weekend.
Hope you had a chance to relax this weekend too.
Take Care,
D

Blog Hops:  Check out these blog hops by clicking on the button then following the rules to find some great blogs.  Don’t forget to leave comments wherever you hop so participants can hop by your site.  Thanks for hopping by!
           The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom

7 comments:

Cindy
July 11, 2011 at 2:03 PM

AHHHHH! you are so lucky you have an RV, camping in the rain without one might have ended another way. :) I dream of an RV, but we havent braved that world as of yet. Maybe some day. I enjoy your blog & now am following!

Leah Buchman
July 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM

We went camping in the rain, in a tent...NOT fun! New follower from the blog, visit me at http://www.leahbuchman.blogspot.com

Crystal
July 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Hi there, just following you via google reader. Dropping by from the hop. Hope you can visit me @ www.3jewelsinmycrown.com. If you feel appropriate, please follow in return

Gingermommy
July 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Thanks for hopping

Clairity@Hip2bMom.com
July 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM

I don't think I'd enjoy camping in the rain either. But I wouldn't mind if you send some rain over, the heat is crazy!!

Following you on Twitter, hope you'll follow back if you're not already.

Ash
July 12, 2011 at 12:11 PM

That looks like a really good time

~ The Tuckerbag ~

jenni
July 18, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Hahah that pic of your hubby trying to make a fire in the rain made me giggle. I just wrote a guide for anyone who has to camp in the rain. Have a read? http://blog.iknow-lakedistrict.co.uk/10-tips-for-camping-in-the-rain/

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs