Monday, June 6, 2011

How do you Relieve Stress?

I have been feeling very stressed lately and in the last week have been starting to get that anxious stomach feeling and stress headaches.  I don’t really know where it’s coming from.  I mean, I am busy but not any busier than usual.  I’m feeling very easily distracted, scattered, dis-organized and quite overwhelmed.
I can usually relieve some stress by reading before bed or doing some crafting or even having a nice long bath but this time it seems to be swallowing me up.  Even my usual ways haven’t helped since I end up getting distracted then get frustrated that I need to re-read several paragraphs because I wasn’t paying attention or lose count on my stitches or botch up some baking. 
What do you do to de-stress or get through a time that seems to be swallowing you up – or do you even get those feelings?  How do you get through a rough patch?
I find myself repeating something a college instructor kept repeating to us, “And this too shall pass.”
Take Care,
D

2 comments:

Shairbearg
June 7, 2011 at 9:26 a.m.

I've been there lately too. this time it seemed yarn shopping helped a lot LOL. But what I sometimes do is make a list of what I have to do. Write down the tiniest things, so the list may look ginormous eg. I might write.:
- wash laundry load 1
- dry laundry load 1
fold laundry load 1 etc etc but then once I throw the first load in the washer, I can cross it off!! WOW I am so amazing I just crossed something off. While that load is washing how many more things can I cross off? I do the simpliest things first, the ones that will take a couple of minutes. Then I have the motivation and am less stressed to get bigger things done. Oh and I ask for help whenever possible.
Kids can do a lot more than we think they can. They may not fold laundry at 4, but they love putting it in the washer, or dryer!!

Genevieve Primeau
June 8, 2011 at 12:05 p.m.

I get on my motorcycle and ride until it's alllll gone.. or until I'm on reserve on the gas tank!

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs