Monday, May 16, 2011

Mom’s Corner: May Long Weekend

This coming weekend is the May long weekend celebrating Victoria Day.  This weekend in our climate signals the first weekend where you “should” be safe to plant your gardens and there usually is no frost from the nights.  Many people also make it the beginning of the camping season. 
This weekend, we will be taking the family out camping.  It's time to stock and prepare our RV for boondocking.  Boondocking is camping amongst nature without the use of designated campgrounds or hook-ups.  It can also be known as “dry camping”.  In our case, as my husband puts it, “rough it smoothly”.  Although we have a number of beautiful campsites nearby, we cannot take our ATVs.  We have a solar panel on our RV to charge our batteries and we bring everything we might need with us to the site including a portable fire pit.  We feel it is important not to impact the environment with our activities so we ensure that nothing is changed or affected and that we bring back everything we took out.
What does your family do for the beginning of the warm season?  How do you plan to spend your long weekend?
Take Care,
D

4 comments:

L.A.C.E.
May 16, 2011 at 5:10 p.m.

TY for following my blog. I am now following you :D

I always forget when the long weekends are. We normally don't do anything for them. This year we are having my son's birthday party during it.

Island Family Living
May 16, 2011 at 8:01 p.m.

Hopped on over from the blog hop. New follower on GFC! Hope you have a great week!

mmbear
May 16, 2011 at 11:10 p.m.

Hi, stopping by from one of the blog hops and am following you thru GFC. I did not see Facebook or Twitter so maybe you havent' started one yet or don't have the button. If you need me to come back, I will be happy to help out. I would love a follow back when you get a chance. Thanks and have a great week!

Mary@http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com

OrangeHeroMama
May 18, 2011 at 6:57 a.m.

unfortunately it's just like any other weekend around here, the mr has to work one of the days, the oldest is off to a sleepover, etc..I *wish* we were going camping! I miss it so much!

(side note: thankyou so much for sharing about your weight loss woes on my blog. I appreciate knowing you're out there just like me)

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs