Thursday, May 19, 2011

Children’s Activity: Camping Activities

There are a number of activities you can do with your children when it comes to camping.  We try to include our children in all activities from setting up camp, to maintaining it, to take down at the end as well as some fun stuff in-between.  When I was a little girl we went camping regularly but I was never included in the set-up or take down (which suited me fine I just wanted to play anyway) but when I began camping on my own, I had no idea what needed to be done for set-up, hook-ups or any other part of it.  So, although I get eye-rolling and, “Aw…Mom” from them, they will know how to take care of their camp when they’re adults.
From C's Rock Garden
Some of the fun stuff we do are sitting around the campfire telling stories both fictional and factual, paint rocks with non-toxic water paint, trail rides, geo-caching, scavenger hunts, play in the mud, and so much more.  The kids still have some independent time reading, listening to music, or just playing with toys and we still have some quiet adult time after the kids are tucked in for the night sitting around the campfire.  We love this family time and tend to spend most of our time camping during the warm season.

What does your family like to do during the warm season?

Take Care,
D

3 comments:

Roy D. Slater
September 30, 2011 at 5:27 p.m.

Thanks for the camping activities ideas. I'm always trying to find something for my kids to do when we go camping. It's really hard when I want to just go up and admire nature and they're constantly telling me how bored they are. Great work.

D - JustMomsBlog
October 1, 2011 at 10:52 a.m.

Thanks Roy! I know what you mean about the kids saying they're bored. It's hard to keep kids of various ages engaged when their energy and attention spans conflict!

nehvabby
February 25, 2013 at 12:05 a.m.

I am glad that I drop by here and found those interesting post. Those information about camping activity will be a big help for every children who wants to join on this kind of activities. Thanks so much, keep it up.

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs