Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Review – “City of Fallen Angels” by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read all of Cassandra Clare’s works that I could get my hands on (there are still a couple short stories I haven’t read) and have adored them all. When I heard that she was continuing the Mortal Instruments series I was ecstatic. “City of Fallen Angels” did not disappoint. I loved the various points of view that were presented as well as how each character’s story developed. Clary and Jace seemed to steam up the screen of my ereader while my heart broke for their unresolved issues. Poor Simon’s struggles seem to only be beginning yet he goes through so much. His learning curve about his kind is definitely taking more turns than the average vampire’s. The past can cause many doubts in various parts of one’s relationship, there is a lot to be discussed and resolved between Magnus and Alec before they can move forward. Speaking of the past, it rears its ugly head for Maya and we’re even getting to know Isabelle better. So much is going on with so many characters I just can’t fill you in on all of them without writing a book of my own. And I’m afraid to tell you, dear readers, in the end… there are more questions than answers. I LOVE it! I can’t wait for City of Lost Souls!

BTW-I am now listening to the audiobook and highly recommend it. Love that the narrators took the time to give the characters the proper accents I imagined!

Search for it in my Amazon search box to the left to purchase your own copy!

Take Care,
D

I was not compensated for this review in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Ceska
March 2, 2012 at 3:08 AM

People are saying how they didn't like it because Cassie was torturing their relationship more. I wouldn't call it torture and its not like Jace was just being a d**k because he felt like it to Clary. There was actually a legitimate reason that shaped the story and it wasn't all that bad how people made it sound. They're still together and still do stuff and make-out and all that fun fun, its just well Jace, ugh God, no spoilers. There's something he needs to fix that relates to Raziel making him breathe again.

D - JustMomsBlog
March 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Thanks for your comment.
I agree that their relationship was tortured but I don't think her actions were out of character or that far-fetched from any real teen-aged girl experiencing problems in a relationship. Now just to wait for City of Lost Souls to see if Jace will figure out what he needs to fix. Waiting sucks. :)

Popular Posts

If you like this blog, vote for it by clicking a button below
Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs